5 Things to Know this Week: PAWS to Read, Toys for Goodfellows Toy Drive
Here's the scoop on what's happening in and around Clawson for the week of Nov. 12.
1. Not a fan of computers, or still confused on how to navigate around the World Wide Web? Come to the Blair Memorial Library Monday at 7 p.m. and let technology trainer Bart Gioia help you out in a special "Internet Basics" class. The cost is free, but please reserve a spot ahead of time.
2. Bring your children back to the library on Tuesday for "PAWS to Read". Certified therapy dogs, Grace and Riley, will be present to listen to kids practice their reading skills. The event takes place from 4 - 5:30 p.m.
3. The League of Women Voters of Michigan is sponsoring a post-election event on Tuesday from 6 - 8 p.m. at the Regency Manor in Southfield. A panel of young leaders will discuss what ignited their passion to make positive change as well as their inspirational approaches to impacting public policy. Tickets will be available at the door.
4. Help see that no child goes without a Christmas this year during the “Toys for Goodfellows” Toy Drive now through the end of December. Drop boxes will be available at City Hall and Hunter Community Center for anyone who would like to donate toys, games or non-perishable food items, which will be distributed to families in need.
5. Come shop at Leon & Lulu this week and give back to great non-profit organizations at the same time. On Thursday beginning at 6 p.m., enjoy food, wine and music while stocking up on Christmas gifts. 10 percent of sales and 100 percent of tips will be donated to the Michigan Ovarian Cancer Alliance. On Friday at 5 p.m., come back for more shopping, when 10% of sales will be given to the Michigan Aids Coalition.