Clawson High School Pride Prevalent This Week as Students Prep for Homecoming
Students will partake in homecoming festivities during the next few days.
The students of Clawson High School will be in full school spirit mode this week as they prepare for Friday night's big game.
This year's spirit days are as follows:
- Monday: Character Day — Dress as your favorite TV or movie character.
- Tuesday: Pink Day — Dress in as much pink as possible to show your support for the fight against breast cancer and for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Wednesday: Generation Day — Students in corresponding grades will dress as members of different generations. Freshmen will dress as children, sophomores as college students, juniors as business workers and seniors as either elders or zombies.
- Thursday: Decades Day — Ninth-graders will dress as if they are from the 1920s or '30s, 10th graders as those from the '40s and '50s, 11th graders as the '80s and '90s, and 12th-graders will dress from the '60s and '70s. If students choose to not dress by decade, they may wear their class T-shirts.
- Friday: Blue and Gold Day — Deck out in the school's colors for the night's game.
Annual Parade and Game
The parade will begin at 6 p.m. Friday as students march down Phillips Avenue toward City Park, arriving 15 minutes before the big game. The game will begin at 7 p.m., with the Trojans taking on the South Lake Cavaliers.
Dancing the Night Away
Students from all grades will dress up for the high school's annual homecoming dance Saturday evening. The dance will be held from 7-10 p.m. in the school's gym.