Cyber Monday: Finding Deals From Your Clawson Home
Are you gearing up to let your fingers do the walking on Cyber Monday?
Clawson residents who didn’t want to brave the crowds on Black Friday or Small Business Saturday still have one more big chance to save courtesy of Cyber Monday today.
Similar to the two other major shopping events, Cyber Monday differs in that consumers don’t have to leave the comfort of their own homes (or offices) to take advantage of some pretty big pre-holiday deals. All the bargains laid out for Cyber Monday are for online shoppers only.
So how can you find the best deals online this Cyber Monday?
Here are just a few stores that are planning deals today:
- Kohl’s – This retailer lists over 300 Cyber Monday specials that customers can get their hands on until Dec. 1. By entering the promotional code 'CYBER20' at checkout, shoppers will receive 20% off their entire purchase. There will also be free shipping (no minimum purchase required) until Tuesday.
- Walmart – This retailer has a splash page set up and always offers online deals. To get a sneak peek at some of its holiday specials, the store invites consumers to check out its Facebook page.
- Target – This store’s 'Cyber Week' splash page invites consumers to sign up for an email alert that will tip them off about sales and exclusive offers on Cyber Monday and all year long. There will also be free shipping on all toys this week.
- Amazon – This online retailer tends to celebrate Cyber Monday in a very big way, even featuring a countdown clock on its splash page all week long. Deals that the site is offering for the shopping holiday include discounts on electronics, clothing and fitness equipment.
- Old Navy - This store along with Banana Republic and The Gap will offer 30% off an entire purchase on Cyber Monday. Just enter the code 'CYBER' when checking out.
Remember, every cyber bargain hunter's No. 1 rule: Don’t purchase anything online without first searching for a coupon code! Retailmenot.com lists many of them. Otherwise just use a basic Internet search, such as “Target coupon code,” to find what you’re looking for.
Also, you'll want to make sure you are using a secure site before sharing any of your credit information online. You can do this by simply checking to see if there is a lock icon on the site's url. The presence of the icon means this site is secure and you are good to go. If it's not there, you may want to second guess your purchase.
What’s your favorite store to surf on Cyber Monday? Share your suggestions in the comments section. If you own or know of a local business that is participating in Cyber Monday, be sure to let everyone know by posting below, too!