Christmas is just a few shorts days away, and it's a likely assumption that your sweet tooth is in full swing.
Maybe you're looking for last-minute stocking stuffers or treats to bring to a party, or possibly, you just want to kick back and indulge. Either way, check out what Doc Sweets' Candy Company is offering this holiday season.
The Clawson shop is the largest retail candy store in Michigan, and according to owner David Sklena, there are hundreds of holiday treats to choose from.
"We have a lot of holiday and vintage candy- the kind that everyone remembers from when they were kids," said Sklena.
Here is a list of some holiday favorites from Clawson's candy shop:
- 1-Pound Chocolate Bars: Hershey's Milk Chocolate and Reese's Cups get the royal treatment. Take one home to indulge in, but just don't get a stomachache!
- Liquor Filled Chocolates: Made of 5% alcohol, these chocolate bottle-shaped candies come in flavors such as Jim Beam and Grand Marnier.
- Marshmallow Peeps: Whether they taste like chocolate, caramel or are just sugar-covered, Peeps aren’t just around for Easter anymore. This time they’re back and shaped like gingerbread men, Christmas trees and snowmen.
- Jelly Belly: The classic flavorful jelly beans receive a makeover in the form of chewy and sweet sugar plums for the holiday season.
- Raspberry Filled Candies: Hard raspberry candy with a soft raspberry filling make these treats a holiday favorite.
- Marshmallow Santas and Snowmen: Russell Stover is back with holiday cutouts of its delicious milk chocolate, stuffed with gooey marshmallow.
- Yuletide Taffy: The chewy stuff comes in special limited edition flavors including Gingerbread Eggnog and Candy Cane.
- Candy Canes: While the stores sells the original red and white peppermint sticks, it also has a large variety of candy canes based on flavors of popular candies including Sour Punch, Smarties, Starburst, Dum-Dum and more.
- Ferrara Chocolate Balls: When you unpeel the foil-wrapped chocolate ball, it's diced like an orange for an easy way to share some of the good stuff. The chocolate comes in yummy flavors including milk chocolate strawberry, toffee crunch and dark chocolate orange.
- Chocolate Fudge: In addition to being mouth-watering, A Christmas Story Chocolate Fudge has a unique story behind it. It's produced in copper kettles at a small factory in Ohio, just minutes away from where the original holiday movie was filmed. Sorry, a leg lamp is not included with the candy.