Good Morning Clawson: What You Should Know This Week
An auto auction and a teen program are just a few of the things Clawson residents should know about this week.
Happy Monday! We're looping you in on meetings, events and what you missed over the weekend.
- General Federation of Women's Club, or Clawson Juniors, will have its January meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall. The service organization hosts community events throughout the year and raises funds to support nonprofit groups in the area.
- The Clawson City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall
- The Clawson Police Department will auction off several unclaimed vehicles at noon Thursday at A&M Towing in Troy. Police Chief Harry Anderson said most of the cars were abandoned throughout the city or towed after arrests.
- The Teen Center will host a Making Good Choices program at 11 a.m. Friday at the Hunter Community Center. The program is for middle and high school students and features a list of guest speakers from the community. Students will have a half day of school Friday.
- In case you were away this weekend, we featured a few homes on the market in Clawson in our House Hunt and a dog available for adoption in our Pet of the Week. Check it out!
- The Parks & Recreation Department is requesting all local civic groups send it event dates for 2012 to go on the community calendar. This is also to avoid conflicting dates of local events.
Are we missing something? Tell us all the details in the comments section below.