Happy Monday: Fourth of July Events, Girls Night Out, Cinema in the Street and More
We're keeping you in the loop on all the happenings in Clawson this week.
- City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.
- The Clawson Fourth of July carnival at City Park will be open from 3-9 p.m. on Tuesday. There will be amusement rides and food concessions. Admission is $2. The parade will be at 9 a.m. Wednesday and move from the Clawson Shopping Center to City Park. Check out the full schedule of events for the line-up on July 4.
- Blair Memorial Library will host The World of Laurel and Hardy at 7 p.m. Monday. Marshall Korby from the Detroit Tent of Sons of the Desert will speak about the lives, films, and legacy of comedians Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. You can register for this free program in the library or by calling 248-588-5500.
- Leon & Lulu will host a Girls Night Out at 6 p.m. Tuesday. Farmers Market food vendors will be there to share their expertise and sell their products. Attendees will have a chance to sample the local foods. There will be everything from goat cheese to vinegar, jam and granola.
- The community is invited to the annual Cinema in the Street event on Saturday in downtown Clawson. The event begins at 4:30 p.m. Organizers will shut down South Main street for a movie at dusk plus plenty of activities for families to enjoy.
- There will be a voting station set up for the July 4 committee's Beautiful Baby Contest at City Park on Tuesday from 3-9 p.m. and Wednesday from noon-6 p.m. The winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded at 7 p.m. Wednesday. You need not be present to win.
- City offices will be closed on Wednesday for the Fourth of July holiday.