News Nearby: Bicycle Taxi Cab in Royal Oak, Zuma Closes in Birmingham and More
Here are this week's most interesting stories from nearby towns.
Every Sunday, Patch will help you catch up with the big news happening in and around Ferndale, bringing you the big (and interesting) stories from Patch sites along Woodward Avenue and beyond.
Here's what's been happening nearby this week:
- Bikeshaw Sean's Human-Powered Taxi Service Rolls into Downtown Royal Oak
A three-tired pedicab takes the too tired to walk on a leisurely ride from one place to another.
- Zuma Coffee House Closing After More Than 3 Years in Birmingham
In a note posted on the coffee house's Facebook page Wednesday, Zuma owners said they'll be closing after more than three years on South Old Woodward.
- With Pistols and a Rifle, Group Gathers Again to Support Troy Teen
Nearly a dozen open carry advocates met at Shain Park in Birmingham again Friday to support 18-year-old Sean Combs, who was arrested in Birmingham in April for carrying a loaded M1 Garand rifle.
- Photos: Clawson's Fourth of July Parade
Thousands gathered for Clawson's annual Independence Day parade. Though the temperatures were high, parade-goers enjoyed the festivities.
- Is It Hot Enough To Fry An Egg?
Berkley Patch conducts an experiment to find the answer Friday.