Photo of the Week: Historical Clawson Theater and Roller Rink
A look back at Clawson's old theater and Ambassador Roller Rink, both of which opened in 1941.
This week's historical photo is of the old Clawson Theater and Ambassador Roller Rink, both of which stood on West 14 Mile Road west of Main Street.
According to Melodie Nichols, curator for the Clawson Historical Museum, the theater opened in 1941 and operated through the late 1950s. The theater building is now used for storage. The roller rink, built in 1941 for $11,000, closed in 2005 and the building now houses Leon & Lulu.