Get the day started on the right foot and inject a spark into your morning routine.
If you’re fighting to get out of bed, to get motivated, or to just get the simplest things done, then it may be time to inject some life into your morning.
Here are a few tips:
1. Give it some thought. Forget about what you used to do, or what you think you should do and perhaps start the day off doing something you actually want to do. Something that makes you feel good. Too often we do things out of habit and not because it’s something we absolutely love doing. What better way to start your day than by doing something that excites you, something that you actually look forward to doing.
2. Write it out. Writing out what you want to accomplish each morning either before you start work or before noon, helps to solidify the idea in your head and keeps you focused and on track. Try having a bit of fun with it.
3. Stick with it. Like any change it will take a while for it to become a habit. Stick with your new changes for a least a month and if you become derailed, have a plan to get you back in to the swing of things.
Some ideas to inject a SPARK into your morning routine:
- Set yourself to rise to music first thing!
- Pop on a movie and do some stretching or yoga moves. If you own a stationary bike, ride that while watching your favorite show on DVR.
- Coffee or tea drinker? Get a special brew that you enjoy only in the morning. If you have a coffee maker set the timer so the coffee is ready for you when you wake up. Doesn’t get much better than that.
- Set your alarm a few minutes early and enjoy a book, magazine, or newspaper before everyone else gets up and you tackle the rest of your list.
- Make your bed and pick clothes up off the floor – easiest ways to quickly make your room look neat clear horizontal surfaces before you leave the house - when you come home your place will look neat, roomy and fresh.
What ways do you inject a bit of fun in your morning routine?