Beaumont Health System is sponsoring three enrollment events for those who need help signing up for insurance plans through the new Health Insurance Marketplace.
Navigators and certified application counselors will be available to answer questions and assist with individual and family health insurance enrollment at the following enrollment events:
- Saturday, Feb. 22, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. – Beaumont Outpatient Services Center, 44250 Dequindre Road, Sterling Heights (across from Beaumont Hospital, Troy).
- Saturday, March 1, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. – Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, 3601 W. Thirteen Mile Road (just west of Woodward Avenue). Park for free in the South Deck; Use South Entrance.
- Saturday, March 8, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. – Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe, 468 Cadieux. Connelly Auditorium.
Space is very limited. Call the Beaumont Scheduling Center at 800-633-7377 to make an appointment.
“Interest in signing up for Health Insurance Marketplace plans is building as the March 31 deadline approaches,” says Carla Schwartz, Beaumont’s director of Community Affairs. “We are pleased to be partnering with many community organizations to help consumers sign up for plans to get the health care coverage that they need.”
Navigators and certified application counselors participating in the enrollment events come from ACCESS Community Health, Advomas, American Indian Health and Family Services, Covenant Community Care, Detroit Wayne County Health Authority, Downriver Community Services, Enroll Michigan, Jewish Family Services and the Western Wayne Family Health Center.
Documents or information to bring for insurance enrollment include:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants) of everyone in the household who needs insurance coverage
- Employer and income information for every member of the household who needs insurance coverage including pay stubs or W-2 wage and tax statements
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A personal email address