Folks looking to lend a hand or drop off much-needed items have a list supplies needed at the Welcome Inn day center in Royal Oak.
The day center for the homeless during the winter months is a place where guests, mostly men aged 21 to 68, find warmth—both physical and spiritual.
Roy Watson, of Clawson, the executive director, released a list of items the center desparately needs.
"It is really a community effort," he said.
- Paper & styrofoam bowls (small and large)
- Small paper & styrofoam plates
- Salad dressing (Ranch preferred)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- 55-gallon trash can liners
- Tall (drawstring) kitchen bags
- Thermal underwear (all sizes)
- Boxer briefs
- White socks
Donations may be dropped off weekdays between 9 a.m - 5 p.m. at Starr Presbyterian, located at 1717 W. 13 Mile Rd.