The is back in town, kicking off Sunday with a variety of fruits and vegetables, food vendors, civic groups and businesses.
Farmers Market shoppers can expect to see at least 25 tables at City Park on Sunday. The market will be open every Sunday through Sept. 18 from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
This will be the second full season of having a Farmers Market in Clawson. Directors and tested out the Farmers Market in September 2009 and continued it the following year. Cochran said hundreds turned out last year for the Farmers Markets.
Vendors from all over Michigan participate in the market, and is, so far, the only Clawson food vendor.
Richard Julian, owner of Julian Brothers Bakery, said he plans to sell fresh bread, rolls, pizza, sandwhiches and water each Sunday. Julian said he enjoys the market because it gives him a chance to promote his business to the community and meet new people. However, he said he hopes it will expand in the coming summers.
"I think it’s a nice concept, a nice idea," Julian said. "But there should be more participation."
Here is a list of Farmers Market vendors already signed up for this Sunday:
Farm, Produce, Chicken, Eggs
- Demeulenaere Farm - Romeo, MI
- Sharkar Farm - China, MI
- Blake's Orchard - Shelby, MI
- Fresh Source Farm - Ortonville, MI
- Julian Brothers Bakery - Clawson, MI
- McClure's Pickles - Troy, MI
- Dunbar Honey Farm - Roseville, MI
- Great Lakes Aquaponics - Royal Oak, MI
- Golden Wheat (French Bread) - Wayne County, MI
- Motor City Foods - Macomb County, MI
- Tastefully Simple - Oakland County, MI
Clawson Businesses (Non-food)
- Dr. Ayesha Quereshi - Chiropractor
- Misty Boykin - Jewelry - Royal Oak, MI
- DIA Custom Jewelry - Grosse Pointe Park, MI
- Wrigley's Rewards - Oakland County, MI
- Illia's Creeps - Troy, MI
- All City Dogs - Oakland County, MI
- El Macho Taco - Howell, MI
- Detroit BBQ - Macomb County, MI
Clawson Civic Groups
- Clawson Mavericks
- 4th of July Committee
- Friends of the Library
- Renewal by Anderson - Livonia, MI
- Academy of Music Performance -Troy, MI
Parking for this event is available along the park's football field on West Elmwood and North Bywood, and on the streets of nearby neighborhoods. For more information visit the Clawson Farmers Market website.