1. If you're over 50 years old, come check out a special program at the Blair Memorial Library Monday at 2:30 p.m. "Your Retirement: Boom or Bust?!?" is a real-world presentation organized to provide direction on how to get control over the management and oversight of your retirement assets.
2. The Clawson City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, located at 425 N. Main Street.
3. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and those who head over to Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak this Thursday can learn about breast cancer prevention, treatment, support, research trials and survivorship programs. The free 7th annual Beaumont Breast Health Fairs will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 4 and at Beaumont Hospital, Troy on Oct. 11.
4. Warm up from the chilly outdoors with a nice bowl of soup at the Soup Lunch, benefiting the Clawson Historical Society, October 6 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., at the Clawson City Hall Community Room. The cost is $5 per adult and $3 for children and includes soup, bread/crackers, drinks and dessert.
5. As part of the Clawson Fall Festival, bring your children over to City Park on Sunday for a free child identification, where each child will receive a dental impression kit as well as a CD containing a photo, video, digital fingerprints and their vital information. The event, provided by Trelum Masonic Lodge #552, will be held from 3 - 6 p.m.