1. Clawson City Hall will be closed on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. The City Council meeting will take place Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., with an informal 'Coffee with the Council' session beforehand at 7 p.m.
2. Where will you be when the clock strikes midnight on Jan. 1? Check out the Motor City Meatball Madness New Year's Eve party Monday at 9 p.m. A family-friendly event, there will be a meatball eating contest, gourmet food, ice skating, live entertainment and more. The event will be held at Campus Martius and is free to enter.
3. Start off 2013 with a calm peace of mind. Bring your little one to Baby and Me Yoga at Nature's Playhouse Wednesday at 11:15 a.m. For $15, you will strengthen your mind and body with your pre-crawler in tow, while you connect through movements and breathing.
4. Have trouble getting through to your kids? Attend the free seminar "Having Difficult Conversations with Children" Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Hunter Community Center. Sponsored by Clawson Youth Assistance, the lecture will be held by author Elaine K. Williams who will address these difficult issues.
5. Leaders, entrepreneurs and sales individuals are invited to the Troy Marriott Saturday beginning at 9:30 a.m. for Business Breakthrough Immersion Detroit. The event will focus on business messaging, branding and blueprint as well as personal growth and transformation.