Your voice. Your community.
The Patch Local Voices section can be a powerful tool for yourself, your group or your business. It's the perfect place to promote a big event coming up, voice your opinion on something you are passionate about or share tips from your career field.
Each Sunday we will feature some of Patch's most interesting Local Voices writers, show you who is posting on Patch and how you can get started.
Ferndale Neighborhood Decline
Jillian Bogater had just a few comments to express her frustration about the cleanliness and activity in her neighborhood. However, after she posted three short paragraphs voicing her thoughts in the Ferndale Patch Local Voices section, several neighbors joined the conversation, voicing the same concerns and offering suggestions and help.
"The obscene amount of littering I can put up with. But the fights on my front lawn (!!!) and rapid appearance of tagging on business buildings across the street from me are absolutely unacceptable," Bogater stated.
Neighbors banded together, a group "Clean the Ferndale Up," became involved and community members discussed solutions.
All because Bogater posted a few simple thoughts. You can do the same thing with concerns or praise for your community, find out how with the instructions at the bottom of the page.
Who else is posting on Patch?
- Want your travel photos to stand out? Rochester photographer Laurie Puscas has some tips for you.
- Birmingham's Courteney Gettel told you about a new breed of lice. "This is lice, folks. It’s not the plague. It’s not going to kill you. It can be taken care of if you are diligent and have the correct tools."
- Rochester's Michael Stechschulte said Pope Francis Could Change Modern Church
- Michigan native Michael and his wife Graciela said even gringos look elegant in a guayabera in a post from Colombia.
- Birmingham photographer Marla Michelle has started a project illuminating real-life stories in a book of unforgettable photographic expression of the life changing and inspiring journey adoption is for families all over the world.
How can I post on Patch?
Blogging in our Local Voices Section is easy:
- Sign in to our site with your email (or sign up by clicking join on the top right of our home page, if you don't have an account)
- Fill out your profile by filling out a bio of yourself (or group/business) and upload a picture of yourself (or group/business) by clicking your name in the upper left side of the home page.
- Click the Patch town you would like to post in: Rochester/Rochester Hills, Troy,Bloomfield/Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Birmingham, Ferndale, Royal Oak orClawson and click "Post on Patch."
- Start writing!
- Upload a photo to make your post stand out by clicking "Add photos, videos & PDF's" on the upper left side of the page.
- Hit submit!
Contact Patch Community Editor Jason Alexander at email@example.com or 810-488-1353.