There's a lot going on in our area this weekend, so we've collected some of the highlights to share with you.
Blackthorn in Concert at Omara's
- When: 9:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: in Berkley
- Why go: Chow down on traditional Irish grub while you watch Blackthorn perform traditional Celtic music and contemporary Irish songs with humor and a variety of instruments.
- Cost: $5
- What else: Call 248-399-6750 for more information.
Shakespeare in the Park
- When: 8 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday, 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday
- Where: , Crooks Road and W. 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Cost: $6-$20
- Why go: Grab a blanket or a lawn chair and enjoy a Water Works Theatre Company performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" directed by Barton Bund or "Henry V" directed by Sara Catheryn Wolf.
- What else: Call 248-399-3727 or go to http://www.waterworkstheatre.com/ for more information.
- When: Beginning at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Where: ,
- Cost: $60 walking, $80 riding
- Why Go: Birmingham's two golf courses will be hosting their annual club championship this weekend, featuring 36 holes of golf, lunch both days, an optional skins games and prizes for those closest to the pin. There will be three divisions for both men and women, including a championship division, senior championship division and a net division.
- When: 2-8 p.m. Saturday
- Where: 1505 Jarvis, Suite B in Ferndale
- Cost: Free admission. Most meads will be priced at $5 a glass.
- Why go: owner Brad Dahlhofer said people are coming from at least three other states to attend the Mead Fest, which will include mead to drink, mead-making demonstrations, live music and three food trucks. "As far as I know there is nothing this big this side of the Mississippi," he said.
- What else: Visit the event page on Facebook for more information.
Clawson Farmers Market
- When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
- Where: , West Elmwood and North Custer Avenues, Clawson
- Cost: Free
- Why go: The features vendors from all over Michigan selling fresh fruits and veggies, plus local groups and businesses.
Know of an upcoming event in our area? !