Labor Day weekend is upon us and we've compiled a list of things you may want to know, whether you're sticking around or leaving town.
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 94 degrees. Winds could gust as high as 20 miles per hour. In the evening, temperatures could dip down to 65 degrees.
- Saturday: Saturday will be mostly sunny with a high near 82 degrees. On Saturday night, the skies will be partly cloudy with a low around 62 degrees.
- Sunday: Sunday will be partly sunny with a high near 81 degrees. Sunday night, the skies will be partly cloudy a low of 68 degrees.
- Monday: Monday, there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms, and the high is expected to reach 82 degrees.
Forecast compiled from National Weather Service.
What's Open, Closed
All Clawson city offices will be closed on Labor Day as well as . Some restaurants and bars will be closed, so call ahead to be safe if you plan to go out. Banks and U.S. Post Offices are also closed.
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will be removing certain lane restrictions from many of its road projects to help motorists have an easier travel experience this Labor Day weekend.
Beginning at 3 p.m. Friday and continuing through 6 a.m. Tuesday, 115 of the state's 159 construction projects will have their lane restrictions removed, making it easier for the 1.2 million motorists the AAA expects to hit the road this holiday weekend.
"While most of our work zones will be inactive, we have no choice but to leave some lane restrictions in effect this weekend," said State Transportation Director Kirk T. Steudle. "Please use extra caution driving in work zones and make it to your Labor Day destination safely."
In Oakland County:
- 1-96 has three lanes open in each direction between Kent Lake and Milford roads, with a traffic shift and reduced speeds posted.
- The following ramps on 1-96 will be closed: northbound and southbound Kent Lake Road to westbound 1-96; southbound Milford Road to eastbound 1-96; southbound Kent Lake Road to eastbound 1-96.
- M-150 (Rochester Road) has one lane open in each direction between 2nd Street and University Drive.
- US-24 BR (Casar Chavez Driver) has all southbound lanes closed. One northbound lane is open between Montcalm Street and the Woodward loop.
What to Do
Ford Arts, Beats & Eats is in downtown Royal Oak Friday through Monday. See Patch's
If you're looking for something different to do, check this week's event calendar.