The Clawson City Council met for about 30 minutes on Tuesday at to discuss a few agenda items:
- The council approved coin operated device licenses for the , , Fraternal Order of Eagles, , , , Soccer Café, , and .
- Dance licenses were approved for American Legion, , Fraternal Order of Eagles, , Moose Winooski’s, and .
- Council also approved a resolution to recognize the Clawson Mavericks football organization as a nonprofit organization so the group can obtain charitable gaming licenses.
- The council also talked briefly about the city's . City Manager Mark Pollock said many residents have expressed concern over what the city has to done previously to cut costs. Pollock said voters may refer to the ballot proposal infomational document on city's website. You can also calculate how much the millage will cost you as a taxpayer by visiting www.mytaxcalc.com/clawson
News you can use
- The will host a Making Good Choices program at 11 a.m. Jan. 27 at the . The program is for middle and high school students and features a list of guest speakers from the community.
- The Clawson Athletic Booster Club will host a a euchre party at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 3 at . Admission is $15, which includes food and prizes.
- The t is requesting all local civic groups send it event dates for 2012 to go on the community calendar. This is also to avoid conflicting dates of local events.