Primary elections are today, and that means one thing for Clawson residents: Prepare to participate in democracy.
While there are no Clawson-specific issues on the ballot there are plenty of races for seats in the Michigan House of Representatives, U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. Senate and battles for county seats.
Here is a list of things voters should know before casting their vote Tuesday:
- All precincts are open 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Voters must bring a photo ID to the polls.
- All absentee ballots must be submitted to the City Clerk by 8 p.m. Tuesday. There is also a drop box outside .
- Campaigners have to stand 100 feet or more away from polling locations. Those wearing campaign paraphernelia will not be allowed inside the polling site.
The precinct numbers and locations are as follows:
- Precinct 1 votes at , 240 Nahma
- Precinct 2 votes at , 425 N. Main
- Precinct 3 votes at , 626 Phillips
- Precinct 4 votes at , 101 John M
- Precinct 5 votes at , 940 N. Selfridge
On the ballot Tuesday are various races for national, state and local office, as well as two county-wide ballot issues. Check out this with the scoop on all the candidates and issues you can vote on. The guide also includes sample ballots so you know what to expect before heading to the polls.
Need more information?
Clawson City Clerk's Office
- Phone: 248-435-4500, x116 or x118
- Fax: 248-435-3240
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: City Hall 425 N. Main Street, Clawson, MI 48017