Oakland University’s Office of Government Relations has invited the candidates to interact with students, faculty, alumni and members of the community at an upcoming meet-and-greet event.
Dozens of local candidates have been invited to a Meet the Candidates Open House from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23 at the Shotwell-Gustafson Pavilion on Oakland’s campus.
The event is free and open to the public, but reservations are requested by the end of the day Friday, Oct. 12 at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (248) 370-3683.
The invited candidates include:
- Oakland County - all countywide offices
- State House District 22 - Roseville and Warren (part)
- State House District 25 - Sterling Heights and Warren (part)
- State House District 26 - Madison Heights and Royal Oak
- State House District 29 - Auburn Hills, Keego Harbor, Orchard Lake Village, Pontiac and Sylvan Lake
- State House District 30 - Shelby Township, Sterling Heights and Utica
- State House District 36 - Bruce Township, Shelby Township and Washington Township
- State House District 41 - Clawson and Troy
- State House District 43 - Clarkston, Independence Township, Lake Angelus and Waterford Township
- State House District 45 - Oakland Township, Rochester and Rochester Hills
- Congressional District 11
- Congressional District 8
“This event will feature a rare opportunity for potential voters to interact face-to-face with candidates from this area who are running for office,” said Rochelle Black, vice president for Government and Community Relations.
“This November will mark an important election for the nation, and will also determine the next leaders of our communities. I encourage all members of the university community and the general public to attend.”
Interactive and printable campus maps can be found at oakland.edu/map.