Clawson Public Schools voters will be asked to approve a $9.9 million bond issue Tuesday, Feb. 25, to finance various remodeling and improvement projects at district facilities.
District officials say that approving the bond issue won’t increase the tax rate and the overall tax rate is expected to decrease in 2017 as previously approved bonds are retired.
The list of projects that will be completed if the bond issue is approved has just been released by the Michigan Department of Treasury. It includes improvements at:
- Clawson High School ( $2,257,132 in projects)
- Clawson Middle School ($1,954,334 in projects)
- Baker Preschool ( $1,966,784)
- Kenwood Elementary ($1,729,333)
- Schalm Elementary ($1,377,619 in projects)
- Clawson Bus Garage ($90,049)
- District athletic sites ($411,705)
In general, district officials, say, approval of the bond issue will benefit students and district residents in two ways:
- It will enhance the learning environment and student security by remodeling, equipping, and re-furnishing school buildings and other facilities.
- It will prepare, develop, and improve sites at school buildings and other school district facilities.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Find your precinct here.Superintendent Monique Beels said she welcomes calls about the bond propsosal at (248) 655-4400.