Update: Monday, May 13, 6:22 p.m.
Clawson High School and Middle School reopened Monday afternoon, allowing students to collect their items and go home following a bomb threat which caused school officials to evacuate both buildings.
Clawson Police Chief Harry Anderson said that after a sweep of both buildings, beginning just before 2 p.m., that "nothing out of the ordinary" was found. Anderson said that a student reported a message written on a boys' restroom wall which alluded to the school being "blown up."
Students attending class on Tuesday should not find noticable changes, Superintendent Monique Beels said. A check-in procedure to use the restroom will be in place for both girls and boys at both the high school and the middle school.
The evacuation comes less than one month after the high school was evacuated for the first time this year due to a similar threat. Beels said that at this time, it appears as though the threats were perpetuated by different people.
"It's probably a different student. This time, it was a different threat, in the boys' bathroom," she said.
Anderson said that both messages appeared to have been placed some time before they were actually reported. No one has been apprehended in either incident.
On Monday, Students were sent to the field at the middle school, near Phillips Avenue, where Beels said that they performed admirably.
On a brisk afternoon with temperatures hovering below 50 degrees, "students are cold ... they're doing as well as they did last month. There's no indoor place which they can evacuate to," she said.
Anderson said that upon the end of the search, school was dismissed for the day.