Labor Day weekend generally marks the end of summer fun to make way for the cooler fall weather.
If you’re planning to celebrate today with friends or family, you can mix and match these goodies with your own Labor Day staples to build the perfect party menu.
- Spinach Dip This particular recipe is diabetes-friendly and features a yummy pumpernickel loaf. You can whip this appetizer up a few hours before your guests arrive and still have time to focus on other last-minute details.
- Sweet Potato and Cabbage Slaw What better way to transition through the seasons than by combining sweet potatoes and coleslaw? This variation on a traditional barbecue side can be made in approximately 15 minutes.
- Caprese Salad Skewers These skewers are easy to make and will give your guests something to nibble on as they arrive. This healthy combination of grape tomatoes and cubed mozzarella cheese is a great way to kick-off your party.
- Fingerling Potato Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette This scrumptious side dish is gluten-free and perfect for your vegetarian guests. The menu is packed with ingredients you may already have around the house, like Dijon mustard, honey, celery and black pepper.
- Spicy Salmon Kabobs If you’re looking for something outside of burgers and hotdogs, or in addition to!, salmon can go great on the grill. This versatile recipe is perfect for whatever type of salmon you enjoy.