There's a lot going on in our area this weekend, so we've collected some of the highlights to share with you.
- When: 11 a.m. to midnight Saturday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Downtown Ferndale, E. Troy Street
- Cost: Free to attend. Food and drinks for cash purchase.
- Why go: Enjoy BBQ, whiskey sampling and live music. A "cocktail corner" will feature the best whiskey cocktails from local bartenders, and a game area will offer classic outdoor activities like washer toss and four-square ball. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Ronald McDonald House.
- What else: Event will go on rain or shine. See the full entertainment schedule here.
- When: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Where: , 514 S. Lafayette Ave Royal Oak
- Cost: $2
- Why Go: The city of Royal Oak will be hosting its 37th annual antique and garage sale this weekend at the South Lafayette Parking Structure. Come check out hundreds of antiques, collectibles, handmade crafts, jewelry and other special treasures. For more information, visit www.royaloakchamber.com.
- When: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
- Where: , 1589 W. Maple Road, Birmingham
- Cost: $15
- Why Go: The Birmingham Garden Tour Mission Team and the Landscape Committee of First United Methodist Church are partnering to host a private, residential garden tour in Birmingham. Five gardens not typically available to the public — including one of the largest daylily collections in the U.S. — are part of this year's tour. Proceeds will benefit the church's student international mission.
- When: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Knights of Columbus, 870 N. Main in Clawson
- Cost: $1 admission benefits the nonprofit Save Africa Project/BADALA initiative, which teaches widows and single mothers in sub-saharan Africa skills to support themselves.
- Why go: Find deals on children's items and help a good cause.
Berkley Bike Rodeo & Ride
- When: 9:30 a.m. Saturday
- Cost: Free
- Why go: American Cycle & Fitness will perform safety inspections on bikes and helmets before a leisurely ride around the Berkley area that will introduce you to new routes.