Blair Memorial Library
Drag box to select area
In 1929, the Blair family donated their house to be used as Clawson's public library. Decades later, the city sought to reconstruct the building to what would house up to 30,000 books. But the library's collection of books, audio CDs, DVDs and other items has since outgrown the building and the city passed a bond proposal in 2009 to expand the facility and do major renovations to both the exterior and interior. In the spring of 2010, construction began at the site and the building closed in late-July of that same year. The library reopened its doors to the public in November 2010 with new carpet, new computers, new tables, bathrooms, an additional 4,000 square feet and more. The library also has a children's and young adult section.
416 N Main St, Clawson, MI 48017
- Hours: By appointment