Energetic Soul has been serving people from Clawson and neighboring communities since opening its doors in 2004. The dance studio aims to enhance its students' lives through dancing and fitness. The studio's focus is salsa dancing. Owner Duanne C. Wrenn had the opportunity to explore salsa styles worldwide while on tour with Diana Ross as her personal trainer, and he used this experience to create a variation on salsa that he has dubbed "soulsa," an adaptable dance that is "simple, practical and fun."
- Hours: Currently by appointment; regularly scheduled events and classes posted on website (www.energeticsoul.com).
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Nov 04 2004
- What makes this community special?: Clawson's location makes so much easily accessible, and the people give the town a friendly atmosphere.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Group/family, Senior, Student, Volume/season
- Membership info: Various levels and class options
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 12
- Average class size: 18
- Number of instructors: 5
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 11:7
- Dance styles: Ballet, Ballroom, Hip hop, Jazz, Latin, Modern
- One-on-one instruction: Yes
- What is the most popular style of dance with your students?: Soulsa (unique Salsa variation)